Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

New Beginnings 2012

It's funny and a little sad how hard it is for me to follow through with certain tasks, no matter how much they mean to me, or how much "pillow planning" I put into them. One of my nagging goals was to start a blog. Not because I believe anyone is actually all that interested in what I do, but rather as a way to hold myself accountable. I have big dreams I want to pursue, but I keep putting them on the back-burner because they're so far away from being reality that I find excuses to put them off.

My  biggest goal is to live a self-sustaining lifestyle. I want to learn to spin fiber and to make clothing from the yarn. I want to learn to grow organic foods that I can feed to my family. I want to bake a cake with eggs I found in the coop that morning. I want to walk out my back door and hear nothing but the birds and the wind in the trees and smell nothing but fall leaves burning.

But how? My husband and I are so far from being able to buy our land that it's easy to procrastinate learning the skills necessary to maintain it. This blog will be my way of documenting my progress and mistakes, as well as my ultimate successes. I will learn to do these things, and I will be ready to start the day we finally have our land. It will happen, and we will be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment